MAMEUIFX

A full-of-features version of MAME designed for LCD monitors
It is currently 31/10/2020, 19:08

All times are UTC+02:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: MAMEUIFX installation
PostPosted: 17/09/2015, 21:34 
Novice
Novice

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if you could make a MAMEUIFX64 that doesn't require installation (zip file, or something that gets past UAC) cause I like to use my emulators and stuff off my flash drive across different computers that sometimes are shared.

(Sorry if I'm being a bother and this would require altering the program to much...)

PostPosted: 17/09/2015, 23:20 

Dont know what you exactly mean, but MAMEUIFX is "portable", if it is that what you are looking for. You dont need to install it in your programs folder or C-drive. You can do a install anywhere you want, even a flash drive ;) . You could also do a install and zip-it afterwards.

PostPosted: 18/09/2015, 0:27 
Novice
Novice

That is very odd then because whenever I try to run the installer, the computer asks for the admin password.

The only reason it usually does that if it's trying to install something to the C:\program files...

PostPosted: 18/09/2015, 6:31 
Admin
Admin

You can choose the location where to install. Try to create a temporary folder on the desktop and then install there.
Out of curiosity, why do you enable UAC? I have it completely disabled here and nothing terrible happens. Also, I have full total control of my PC.

PostPosted: 18/09/2015, 12:29 

shadelegend333 wrote:
That is very odd then because whenever I try to run the installer, the computer asks for the admin password.

The only reason it usually does that if it's trying to install something to the C:\program files...

It seems that you are not the owner of the PC, i.e. you try to install it on a PC at work etc.
If thats the case, you would need to install it on a PC where you are the owner or admin. After installation, you could zip what you installed and take it to the PC, where you dont have the rights to install somethings... should work without a problem, just need to adjust the pathes for the directories.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]