MAMEUIFX

A full-of-features version of MAME designed for LCD monitors
It is currently 22/09/2019, 7:16

All times are UTC+02:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: 0.164 GLSL help
PostPosted: 24/08/2015, 18:27 
Novice
Novice

Hello everyone and thank you to all that work on Mameuifx.

Version 0.164 brings a new menu option for GLSL (OpenGL shaders) as well as having shader options in the OpenGL section.

Now I'm assuming that all I need to do is point to the shader under "Main Mame Shader" or Perhaps "Main Screen Shader" (if someone could explain the difference that would be great.)
If I do that all I get is a screen that says "Initializing" and nothing happens. Is that a bug or am I missing something?

Is there also some information on the other shader slots? Again I'm assuming that they will work in a similar way to RetroArch were you can have multiple shaders at once.

All the above happens on a test install of 0.164 on my main install I get errors like this.

Attachment:
Image 2.jpg
Image 2.jpg [ 38.04 KiB | Viewed 4769 times ]

Many thanks for your help.

Post subject: Re: 0.164 GLSL help
PostPosted: 24/08/2015, 19:00 
Admin
Admin

Well, the GLSL shaders handling is changed a bit between 0.163 and 0.164.

You have to select a shader in the "Main MAME Shader" slot. They have to be put in \GLSL\ folder where your MAMEUIFX lives.

The latest MAMEUIFX package comes with a bunch of shaders modified by me to avoid the "black screen" bug you're experiencing, I guess.

So for example, in "Default Game Options"--->"OpenGL" select "CRT Geom MQ", Apply, Ok and try to launch a game. It should work now.

You're right about multiple shaders, that's why the "OpenGL Shaders" section is present. It's a preparation for the future when we will able to select multiple shaders to create a single one. Our moderator u-man is already working on this.

Please let me know if you fixed the problem.

PostPosted: 24/08/2015, 20:52 
Novice
Novice

Thank you for your reply mamesick.

The screen at which it gets stuck is this.

Attachment:
Image 7.jpg
Image 7.jpg [ 64.41 KiB | Viewed 4765 times ]

If I hit the Windows key the game will start. If I hit the Windows key again the start menu overlay goes away but the game is paused. Very strange. :)

Attachment:
Image 6.jpg
Image 6.jpg [ 161.7 KiB | Viewed 4765 times ]

In addition to that and I don't want to over complicate this, I launch Mame games via RocketLauncher/HyperSpin. Since I've done a clean install of Mame 0.164 games now launch but only if bezels are used, if I turn bezels off I get the "initializing... " screen again.

Attachment:
2015-08-24 19.49.42.jpg
2015-08-24 19.49.42.jpg [ 467.1 KiB | Viewed 4765 times ]

PostPosted: 24/08/2015, 20:58 
Admin
Admin

Sorry, I can help you only for MAMEUIFX. I never used Hyperspin frontend so I don't know how to explain the issue you're experiencing. What about launch games from MAMEUIFX interface? Does OpenGL works? It should be fine.

At this point, I wonder if it's not the case you ask help at a Hyperspin Support Forum, if it still exists.

PostPosted: 24/08/2015, 22:00 
Novice
Novice

Thank you. It seems to be working fine now.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]