MAMEUIFX

A full-of-features version of MAME designed for LCD monitors
It is currently 22/09/2019, 7:18

All times are UTC+02:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: 09/05/2015, 20:15 
Novice
Novice

Jezze wrote:
I fixed (2) a small bug in the automatic shadow mask rotation. The user defined screen rotation is now also taken into account.

Thank You so much Jezze!

I rotate my widescreen LCD to vertical when playing the vertical games and I'm guessing your latest changes will help a lot with that. :D

PostPosted: 13/05/2015, 0:14 
Novice
Novice

Hey u-man and Jezze. I'm trying now to figure out how to get more "ZING" to vector games. This was using the old HLSL system

http://i.imgur.com/5jBV2fE.png
http://i.imgur.com/Fq8q2Ir.png

I can't figure out how to get anything close to that after all the changes went in.
Maybe I'm not setting something right I'm not sure.

Any help if possible would be appreciated :D

Post subject: Jezze HLSL Settings
PostPosted: 13/05/2015, 2:36 

Mmmh.... a extreme glow like it is in your picts is not possible to do anymore, so its true what you say. On the other hand, its not realistic either.
While this is a little sad for LCD, its very nice for CRT users, because they can use vector effects, in many usefull ways now, to create realistic vector simulation.
Either use the AAE emulator or try high phosphor settings with screen brightness combo, but you will loose colour then. Guess we will need a Halation/Glow pass for this.

Maybe there will be some updates, specific for vector simulation in the future... but i cant talk about this, at the moment :P

PS: its better to make a new topic for this "problem".

PostPosted: 13/05/2015, 2:59 
Novice
Novice

Okay, Understood. Thanks so much :)

Post subject: Re: Jezze HLSL settings
PostPosted: 13/05/2015, 23:59 
Novice
Novice

You can try the following settings for bloom to get a similar result.

Code:
#
# BLOOM POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS
#
vector_bloom_scale        1.00
bloom_lvl0_weight         1.00
bloom_lvl1_weight         0.16
bloom_lvl2_weight         0.24
bloom_lvl3_weight         0.32
bloom_lvl4_weight         0.48
bloom_lvl5_weight         0.00
bloom_lvl6_weight         0.96
bloom_lvl7_weight         0.72
bloom_lvl8_weight         0.48
bloom_lvl9_weight         0.24
bloom_lvl10_weight        0.12

Maybe it should be possible to double the vector_bloom_scale.

PostPosted: 14/05/2015, 14:04 

Really nice settings Jezze.... and they did the trick. Only thing i miss, are vector-point-shading (which i guess is not HLSL related), but who knows what will come in the future ;) :P .

Played with the settings yesterday and tried on Asteroids and a CRT-screen... impressed, how well HLSL works now on CRT-screens with vector-games... really a eyecatcher, coming very close to the originals.

cheers u-man

PostPosted: 16/05/2015, 22:02 
Novice
Novice

Wow! Yeah Jezze :)

That was exactly what I was trying to do.

Thank You so much :D

PostPosted: 09/06/2015, 3:48 
Novice
Novice

Hey all love this hlsl stuff. Im wondering how powerful a pc do you need to run this? i got the latest version 162 and have my ini hlsl enabled to 1, hlsl enabled checked in the emulator settings but when i launch a game all i get is a black screen. My pc is not that old and runs other emulators just fine with shaders (retroarch) but i cant get the mame one to work. any help would be awesome.
thanks

PostPosted: 09/06/2015, 12:10 

looks like a direct x problem. what happen if you start mame without HLSL, but in still in d3d mode?

As you allready can run Retroarch on your setup, there is no reason, why you should have problems with official MAME, as some of the Retroarch-shaders are way more demanding, than any shader currently in MAME available.
Also keep in mind, that any shader runs on the graphics-card, so if you have trouble with shaders, it is always the graphics card and not the CPU ;) .

PostPosted: 14/09/2015, 15:36 
User
User

Could some kind person please explain to me how the whole 'bloom_lvl0_weight' etc. settings actually work? I want to tweak my bloom settings but I really need to know what does what.

Cheers.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next