MAMEUIFX

A full-of-features version of MAME designed for LCD monitors
It is currently 22/09/2019, 7:15

All times are UTC+02:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: 05/05/2015, 10:04 
Novice
Novice

Hi,

Thanks for integrating shader selection into MAMEUIFX - this is a big step forward for access to filters. Couple of questions:

1) Does the Jezze HLSL shader need to be selected or is on by default once Direct 3D is enabled?
2) In the whats new list a couple of additional GL CRT shaders are mentioned but in the shader selection options I could only see the Lottes and Geom shaders (both are great but I'm interested in also trying the others).

Keep up the good work!

Thanks,
John

PostPosted: 05/05/2015, 10:12 
Admin
Admin

1) Enable "Direct3D" and then "Enable HLSL" in the Advanced Tab. Jezze fixes are hard-coded in source, so they are always available by default. Though you have to edit \INI\MAME.INI and in the HLSL option section try one of these:
Code:
------------------- crt_shadow_mask settings -------------------

shadow_mask_texture ShadowMask.png
shadow_mask_x_count 6
shadow_mask_y_count 8
shadow_mask_usize 0.1875
shadow_mask_vsize 0.25

------------------- crt_slot_mask settings ---------------------

shadow_mask_texture SlotMask.png
shadow_mask_x_count 6
shadow_mask_y_count 6
shadow_mask_usize 0.1875
shadow_mask_vsize 0.1875

------------------- crt_adapture_grill settings -----------------

shadow_mask_texture AdaptureGrill.png
shadow_mask_x_count 6
shadow_mask_y_count 6
shadow_mask_usize 0.1875
shadow_mask_vsize 0.1875

Quote:
slot and adapturegrill masks need a higher hlsl_prescale_x and y, of at least 6 and would require a mid-range graphicscard. The ShadowMask needs a hlsl_prescale_x and y of 0 (or auto, so to say) or with 3 and works with integrated graphicscards and is really low-resource (this mask looks best for me anyway).

Though a tutorial is coming soon, courtey of our proud member u-man

2)The two CRT shaders you can select are the *only* supported at the moment. Probably others will come in the future, I don't know because it's not my job. Users asked me to add support for GLSL shaders in the Interface and it's exactly what I did. Again, u-man (which probably will become a mod here) will be more accurate.

PostPosted: 05/05/2015, 12:20 

u-man wrote:
So if you want to use the Jezze shader, you can enable it, like you would enable the "normal" HLSL ;) . I hope there will be a soon update, as of the current state, UIFX is using not the latest version of the Jezze shader.

It's very very probably there will be a MAMEUIFX 0.161.1 update in the next days featuring the new Jezze HLSL code and other things like Metal Slug 2 Turbo....

EDIT: Please forgive me, u-man, I accidentally deleted your useful reply. Feel free to make another one... :oops: In the meantime, you're moderator here now. :o

Posted by Mamesick in the wrong place!!

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]