MAMEUIFX

A full-of-features version of MAME designed for LCD monitors
It is currently 15/07/2018, 21:15

All times are UTC+02:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
 Post subject: Re: Jezze HLSL settings
PostPosted: 15/09/2015, 19:52 
Admin
Admin

I'm not the best person to answer this because I don't use at all HLSL, I prefer GLSL shaders. Though you maybe want to have a look at HLSL.TXT file which is located in the \DOCS\ folder. It could help you.

PostPosted: 17/09/2015, 23:46 

The bloom is kind of a glow for bright areas on screen, that you had on most CRT screens from the arcade-area. High brightness tended to "bleed" into neighbouring pixels on those screens. I dont know it exactly, but the bloom levels describe the strength of the glow in 10 steps, where 0 is the nearest pixel to the original one and 10 the farest away from the original pixel. I could be wrong here, but i will ask Jezze, how it really works.

PostPosted: 19/09/2015, 14:05 
User
User

Thank U-man. I checked the docs out as Mamesick said but they didn't really tell me anything.

PostPosted: 02/05/2016, 20:01 
Novice
Novice

An ideas on ideal settings for the new bloom options found in recent versions of mame??

PostPosted: 04/05/2016, 16:29 

The ideal bloom settings are found in the raster & vector.ini´s, which are found in the presets-folder inside the ini folder. They differ and are optimized for the respective game-genre.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3