MAMEUIFX

A full-of-features version of MAME designed for LCD monitors
It is currently 21/10/2019, 16:03

All times are UTC+02:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 512 Next
 Post subject: Re: MAMEUIFX Extra ROMs
PostPosted: 09/03/2015, 15:51 
User
User

mamesick wrote:
Oh, well, maybe some of you was thinking about my promise to support BUBBLE BOBBLE BOOTLEG by Bisboch and Aladar and noticed it will be not supported in 0.159. Ok, there's a simple reason, which is already stated by the authors theirselves:
Quote:
Running the bootleg set
-----------------------
Well, there's no point in running the bootleg set into an emulator, actually -
you have already the game running on the original emulated hardware.

In other words, it's always BUBBLE BOBBLE LOST CAVE, nothing new or added, simply configured to run on a bootleg board. So better to look elsewhere this time, in searching of something more interesting.

Thanks for the additions and its your build and you build it how you see best but I do think you interpreted that statement incorrectly

What that means is they release a set for using on original Hardware and one for bootleg hardware

to test them on MAME you can use the original hardware files on bublbobl.zip in debug mode

so for that reason why would you want to use the bootleg version on boblbobl.zip in debug mode

This is a statement for LOST CAVE which is a completely new and different BB game.

The Bubble Bobble by Bisboch & Aladar is the normal Bubble Bobble game same as the Punji one but obviously made by them and not using any of Punji's code.

its basically another version people can play of Bubble Bobble

PostPosted: 11/03/2015, 12:08 
Admin
Admin

Ok, now I see. Though I guess it doesn't offer any extra feature... isn't it? I believe support Punji's version and Lost Cave is enough.

PostPosted: 16/03/2015, 7:40 
User
User

With the new build tools I was wondering if you have tried them yet. If you have are you gonna update the batch files in the FX source.

PostPosted: 16/03/2015, 10:14 
Admin
Admin

trickyd wrote:
With the new build tools I was wondering if you have tried them yet. If you have are you gonna update the batch files in the FX source.

Yes I'm already using the new tools. All is fine here. Though I'm unsure if update the batch files to follow the new "official" MingGW setup which is quite a mess, it's about 2GB of stuff that for the majority part it's not needed to compile MAME(UIFX). So I'm instead creating a "MinGW Lite" package which is only 140MB (compressed size) and that contains only what is needed to compile MAME(UIFX) under Windows. So I will not to have to update the batch files and things will be easier for users which wants to compile their own. You'll have only to specify the extract path to D:\ and the self-extracting package will do the rest.

PostPosted: 17/03/2015, 0:18 
User
User

Allright! Cant wait till it's released.

PostPosted: 18/03/2015, 9:18 
Admin
Admin

I think I'll made a tutorial on "How to compile MAMEUIFX" when 0.160 will be out.

PostPosted: 25/03/2015, 21:55 
Admin
Admin

I'm quite tired today, so the "Extra Games Source Code" for 0.160 will be updated in the next days together with a compile tutorial for MAMEUIFX.

PostPosted: 26/03/2015, 9:21 
Admin
Admin

Extra Games Source Code updated to 0.160.

PostPosted: 28/03/2015, 2:56 
Fan
Fan

Is the Strider (USA,Gfx Fix, Uncensored) - "stridergh going to be added to the MAMEUIFX Extra ROMs?

PostPosted: 28/03/2015, 18:47 
Admin
Admin

cibomatto2002 wrote:
Is the Strider (USA,Gfx Fix, Uncensored) - "stridergh going to be added to the MAMEUIFX Extra ROMs?

Sorry but a bad storm yesterday turned off my internet connection for hours. Here we go, uploaded STRIDER GFX FIX UNCENSORED ROMset and Extra Games Source Code updated to 0.160.1

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 512 Next