29/06/2015Summer cleanings an fixes...
I spent part of this weekend to improve and clean up the source code of some of MAMEUIFX features:
: converted the code to be fully integrated in MAME core C++ classes instead of using global external static ugly variables.
- Show current time (LEFT SHIFT + G)
: same as above.
- Toaplan Samples support
: same as above with the removal of some variables and portions of code that weren't used at all.
Then I had a look at some games/drivers I use to play and that are buggy:
is properly fixed without the use of any hack and the global emulation of the whole SETA.C
driver is now improved.
: This driver has some cool games in it, like for example Dyna Gear
and Storm Blade
. I fixed the visible area for all games, some of them were ugly displayed and with some graphic bugs. Now the overall situation seems better.
- Nebulas Ray
This game is now no more slow as hell. If you read carefully Haze comments to the bug report, you should understand that the problem is performing raster interrupt effects on sprites
. Well, I tried for curiosity to remove them and... ta-dah! Game is now again solid 100% and no more glitches on sprites! I have to say my source code is not the proper solution but it works from start to the end as far as I tested it. I had to handle some special priority background/sprites/foreground cases with an hack but the most important thing is that the game is working perfectly because the raster interrupt effects are disabled only