MAMEUIFX

A full-of-features version of MAME designed for LCD monitors
It is currently 21/10/2018, 17:45

All times are UTC+02:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 817 Next
 Post subject: Re: FX development news
PostPosted: 04/07/2015, 19:49 
Admin
Admin

Tafoid wrote:
Also, consider getting a GIT account and using that to submit pull requests for new code. That seems to be the way things are heading.

Fine, I'll try to pull a request in the next days after opening an account. Thanks.

PostPosted: 05/07/2015, 10:28 
Admin
Admin

05/07/2015
where's the exit?

- Added to Interface Settings a new option "Show confirmation dialog on exit". Enabled by default, I think there's no need to explain it too much. If you find it annoying instead of useful, you know what to do to disable it.

Image Image

While looking at the GUI, I discovered 2 hidden bugs that I'm surprised nobody else noticed before:
1) Launch the program, go into Tools menu and choose "Customize Fields". Simply click OK... the Game List window will be messed up, scroll bars will disappear and all you can do is to exit the program. FIXED.
2) Launch the program, go into Options menu and choose Font and colors and then "Game list background color". Choose a random color and click OK. The Game List window will not be painted correctly. FIXED.

Also, as Tafoid suggested, I opened an account at GitHub and slowly started to submit to official MAME source some of my fixes. Hopefully most of them will be included.

That's all for this very hot weekend for now.

PostPosted: 05/07/2015, 11:48 
VIP
VIP

I hope too, MameSick :)

PostPosted: 05/07/2015, 12:20 

mamesick wrote:
05/07/2015
Also, as Tafoid suggested, I opened an account at GitHub and slowly started to submit to official MAME source some of my fixes. Hopefully most of them will be included.

Don't be too disheartened if nothing happens immediately. Only a few would know if the change is legit or not. Tafoid keeps track of the submissions and will remind us about forgotten ones. I personally never act on submissions because I've hardly seen any real hardware, so have no clue what's right or wrong.

Your first submission came through, but nobody has commented on it yet..

PostPosted: 06/07/2015, 12:02 
Admin
Admin

haynor666 wrote:
I hope too, MameSick :)

the first is merged:
http://git.redump.net/mame/commit/?id=9e3aebc92e3f3d3206df6cc3d155606de891f98d
I'm also happy to see System11 is taking care of Konami resolution bugs.

PostPosted: 06/07/2015, 20:32 
VIP
VIP

I saw this at work, congratulations MameSick :)

PostPosted: 07/07/2015, 10:50 

Congrats from me too... you deserve it ;) .

I dont know if its ok to ask for a feature request, but i would like to have something like MAME Classic has at the bottom of the GUI: http://mameclassic.mameworld.info/thumb2.htm

I am especially interested in frequenzy and resolution of a picked game and I need to scroll everytime through the MAME history / info text just to find that infos. I think there is plenty of room for that and the "working" status could be replaced, because i see that status allready with the icons (yellow, green etc.). I hope you like the idea :) .

greets u-man

PostPosted: 07/07/2015, 14:27 
Admin
Admin

I have a bad feeling that what you requested will make the Interface a little bit slower. Retrieving from the core that kind of info is a slow process. Frontend like MAME Classics uses the XML output instead. Though I'll try, not immediately, to see what happens.

PostPosted: 07/07/2015, 14:41 
VIP
VIP

Indeed, this would be very practical feature. Right now I have to right click on set to see this.

PostPosted: 07/07/2015, 21:23 
Admin
Admin

07/07/2015
It's too hot! I need a Refresh Rate!

I was so curious if it was doable without slowdown the GUI too much that I couldn't resist:

It seems it's working perfectly and I like it. With default window resolution, 2 games have description names too long and are cut. I guess it's acceptable with a total amount of 11500+ titles which perfectly fits. All status bar sections are pixel calculated and all resolutions + refresh rate are taken in account. So, surprise...

with main window maximized in my desktop 1366x768, also the longest game name is perfectly displayed! Not bad, isn't it?

That's all for this evening.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 817 Next