MAMEUIFX

A full-of-features version of MAME designed for LCD monitors
It is currently 21/04/2018, 3:59

All times are UTC+02:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 717 Next
 Post subject: Re: FX development news
PostPosted: 30/06/2015, 18:14 
VIP
VIP

Can I ask for source ? I'm interested how now autofire works and fixes for seta games (especially wrong layer offset - MT04405)

PostPosted: 30/06/2015, 19:40 
Admin
Admin

haynor666 wrote:
Can I ask for source ? I'm interested how now autofire works and fixes for seta games (especially wrong layer offset - MT04405)

Autofire is still under testing because sometimes the delay is not taken in account. So I have to investigate.
For SETA.C games I have to say that the only bug fixed is the one regarding Blandia, which was as always happens in MAME, bad implementation of interrupts with scanlines timers. I didn't looked at video drawing section. Though is attached.

Attachments:
seta.c [545.06 KiB]
Downloaded 148 times

PostPosted: 30/06/2015, 20:52 
VIP
VIP

I asked about autofire because I have problems with XP x32 and U360 stick. Sometimes when I activate it does not work from first press and hold button, from time to time I have reapeat this 2 or 3 times to get finally autofire working.

PostPosted: 30/06/2015, 22:40 
Admin
Admin

haynor666 wrote:
I asked about autofire because I have problems with XP x32 and U360 stick. Sometimes when I activate it does not work from first press and hold button, from time to time I have reapeat this 2 or 3 times to get finally autofire working.

I understand. Though I don't know how to help you. Here when enabled works immediately. Did you tried also MAMEPlus? It has a different implementation of Autofire feature and if there works, I could have a look at their source code.

On a side note... http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=4405 is fixed but now I have to check ALL other games in the driver to see if the global fix breaks something. In that case, I have to implement special offsets only for Thundercade and this requires a bit of extra coding.

PostPosted: 30/06/2015, 23:50 
VIP
VIP

Problem with autofire might be related to my stick and/or directinput. I have to try with another stick and maybe some keyboard encoder.

Thanks for seta fixes, Thundercade and TwinHawk offsets were very annoying.

PostPosted: 01/07/2015, 9:48 
Admin
Admin

haynor666 wrote:
Thanks for seta fixes, Thundercade and TwinHawk offsets were very annoying.

Actually Twin Hawk is not in seta.c driver even if it uses the same video chip. It's in taito_x.c I believe so it's not touched by my code. Though looks like my global fix (which is not an hack!) makes also this one http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=317 to disappear. The planet one pixel gap is gone away.

PostPosted: 02/07/2015, 22:00 
VIP
VIP

Since we speak about fixes, maybe it's time to do those problems: MT5593, MT5594 and new MT5973. I personally fixes this (very easy) but would be better to fix this also in official version. So far AWJ fixed only 88 Games.

Last edited by haynor666 on 03/07/2015, 8:16, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 03/07/2015, 7:51 
Admin
Admin

haynor666 wrote:
Since we speak about fixes, maybe it's time to do those problems: MT3736, MT5594 and new MT5973. I personally fixes this (very easy) but would be better to fix this also in official version. So far AWJ fixed only 88 Games.

Sorry but don't ask me to fix bugs and submit them to official source. My latest commit to fix the Iron Horse 30 FPS bug was completely ignored, no feedbacks, no answers, no contacts, nothing. I will fix them in MAMEUIFX and it's enough. My source code is available so if there will be any interest by Developers, they know where to find me and/or how to obtain the fixes. Though I have serious doubts this will never happens, expecially when I see this:
http://git.redump.net/mame/commit/?id=40e74477ebec95cc6c73108cd7b69997e897f148
They are focusing on MESS, which is right because it's still far from to be an accurate emulator and MAME-ARCADE is quite abandoned. The only Developer who shows still a bit of interest and passion is Haze. The most talented ones are disappeared or are on MESS, as already said. Sad but true.

PostPosted: 03/07/2015, 8:10 
VIP
VIP

It's sad but indeed MESS is far behind MAME (if we can call that way). For my arcade PC I still use NEstopia and VBA-M instead of MESS part of MAME. I'll try to contact AWJ about this.

That reminds also megasys1. Kale some time ago decided to look at this driver but so far I don't see any changes :/

PostPosted: 03/07/2015, 23:19 
Novice
Novice

mamesick wrote:
haynor666 wrote:
Since we speak about fixes, maybe it's time to do those problems: MT3736, MT5594 and new MT5973. I personally fixes this (very easy) but would be better to fix this also in official version. So far AWJ fixed only 88 Games.

Sorry but don't ask me to fix bugs and submit them to official source. My latest commit to fix the Iron Horse 30 FPS bug was completely ignored, no feedbacks, no answers, no contacts, nothing. I will fix them in MAMEUIFX and it's enough. My source code is available so if there will be any interest by Developers, they know where to find me and/or how to obtain the fixes. Though I have serious doubts this will never happens, expecially when I see this:
http://git.redump.net/mame/commit/?id=40e74477ebec95cc6c73108cd7b69997e897f148
They are focusing on MESS, which is right because it's still far from to be an accurate emulator and MAME-ARCADE is quite abandoned. The only Developer who shows still a bit of interest and passion is Haze. The most talented ones are disappeared or are on MESS, as already said. Sad but true.

I sent it to list when it came in (your diff submit), no one seemed to pick it up and it was left behind. That was my fault for not bumping it and bringing attention to it again. I have been meaning to ask for a fresh source based DIFF that can build with current GIT so it could be dealt with properly. Haze did tell me that for the most part the changes should be ok to add. So, please resubmit that patch if you could.

Also, consider getting a GIT account and using that to submit pull requests for new code. That seems to be the way things are heading.

Tafoid

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 717 Next