MAMEUIFX

A full-of-features version of MAME designed for LCD monitors
It is currently 15/07/2018, 21:33

All times are UTC+02:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 517 Next
 Post subject: Re: FX development news
PostPosted: 14/04/2015, 13:11 
Admin
Admin

14/04/2015
Improved AUDIT ALL ROMS dialog (From Robert source code)

Added ability to set up 3 DIFFERENT shaders in OpenGL Dialog (As requested by u-man via PM)

Also fixed some bugs discovered when started to fix upcoming MAMEDev madness about astring-->std::string replacement

PostPosted: 14/04/2015, 15:14 

man, you are awesome... glad to see that you allready solved the shader stuff... really good job ;) .

Also nice that you didnt have much trouble with the latest MAME changes.... all looks promising....

CONGRATS to you and Robert, making the audit option even more viable.... Teamwork rules.

PostPosted: 15/04/2015, 9:41 

mamesick wrote:
14/04/2015
Improved AUDIT ALL ROMS dialog (From Robert source code)

That looks really nice... I'd like to use that code...

PostPosted: 15/04/2015, 15:40 
Admin
Admin

Robert wrote:
That looks really nice... I'd like to use that code...

Here you go but please consider my MUI_AUDIT.C is *heavily* modified if compared to original MAMEUI one. Though I'm sure you'll find what you need to change in your source easily. :)

PostPosted: 16/04/2015, 10:53 

Thank you :)

p.s. I removed the link.

PostPosted: 24/04/2015, 16:37 
Admin
Admin

Only to make you guys aware that the MAMEDev astring-->std::string storm has ended and MAMEUIFX is still here fully working as usual. In the meantime, another small cleanup and rewrite of GUI source code happened. There could be some new bugs introduced but as usual they will be fixed (if found, of course!) in the short time. Next 0.161 should be a good release.

PostPosted: 25/04/2015, 7:27 
VIP
VIP

Good to hear! :)

PostPosted: 29/04/2015, 22:44 
VIP
VIP

syncrefresh should work right now even with mt but Calamity mentioned that on some systems will not work correctly:

Quote:
Notice that in order to get any vertical synchronization through the OpenGL renderer, the WGL_EXT_swap_control extension must be present in the system, otherwise the emulation will run unthrottled. This seems to be totally driver dependent. Not a real alternative to Direct3D at the moment.

Though it seems this problem can be (?) fixed:

https://www.opengl.org/discussion_board ... ctivate-it

PostPosted: 30/04/2015, 8:25 
Admin
Admin

haynor666 wrote:
syncrefresh should work right now even with mt but Calamity mentioned that on some systems will not work correctly:

Quote:
Notice that in order to get any vertical synchronization through the OpenGL renderer, the WGL_EXT_swap_control extension must be present in the system, otherwise the emulation will run unthrottled. This seems to be totally driver dependent. Not a real alternative to Direct3D at the moment.

Though it seems this problem can be (?) fixed:

https://www.opengl.org/discussion_board ... ctivate-it

Yes, I had to go into my Video Card advanced options to discover that I can enable Vertical Sync in OpenGL (triplebuffering too). Now I have full syncrefresh also with OpenGL in MAME. Though, as Calamity said, it depends too much by the user video card settings/drivers.

PostPosted: 18/06/2015, 21:38 
Admin
Admin

18/06/2015
For the next release... I'm still testing it:
"CPU <--> GPU synchrony" in OpenGL

Looks like MAME implementation of OpenGL drawing needs this feature, or at least it seems my AMD Radeon HD7400M video card. It's simply an extra OpenGL instruction call in the renderer source code. I decided to make it an option and not an internal default because there are a lot of discussion on the web about its use. It has been verified that it can severely reduce input lags but it seems it's also a performance loss, even if with a modern hardware you shouldn't notice anything relevant. My video card really benefits from this option, expecially with Vertical Sync enabled in its Control Panel and with MAMEUIFX "Sync to monitor refresh" option enabled. I have perfect smooth scrolling, no tearings, no hiccups and no one frame is skipped during emulation. I could post here some interesting links but now I'm in a hurry. Maybe tomorrow. If you want to do some researches by yourself, try to google "glFinish()"

Stay tuned

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 517 Next