MAMEUIFX

A full-of-features version of MAME designed for LCD monitors
It is currently 23/04/2018, 9:28

All times are UTC+02:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17
 Post subject: Re: FX development news
PostPosted: 13/03/2016, 8:58 
Novice
Novice

As we say in Greece, "if sth doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger"
Seems like MAMEUIFX will come stronger from this experience, which is the best news for all of us.

PostPosted: 30/03/2016, 13:46 
Admin
Admin

Due to the large amount of changes and new features added in 0.172 official MAME, there will be small delay for MAMEUIFX. I'm starting to implement support for the hiscore plugin and BGFX shaders chains. Hopefully all should be ready and fully working for the next weekend.

PostPosted: 17/04/2016, 12:03 
Admin
Admin

17/04/2016
Finally it's happening...

I started to implement support for all the art packages distributed by ProgettoSnaps and available in official MAME. Due to large amount of copy and paste and change one line of code work, I have now an headache. I guess I still miss SELECT, HOW TO, LOGO, ARTWORK PREVIEW..... Chanbara?
I think we should also rename the "Snapshot" TAB to something more related to what we are displaying, I vote for "In-Game". Chanbara? ;)

Attachments:
CropImage.jpg
CropImage.jpg [ 194.61 KiB | Viewed 2252 times ]

PostPosted: 08/05/2016, 9:37 
Admin
Admin

08/05/2016
Late spring cleanings!

I decided to go through MAMEUI(FX) source code again another time. The objective was initially remove the "Allow game selection by custom key sequences" option in the Interface.
After some investigations, it turned out it was a very strange and that probably never completely implemented option, the user should edit INTERFACE.INI to setup the keys and so on. Time to go away, at this point. Surprisingly, there were 150+ lines of dead/unused code related to this option. A good cleanup.

Then, I decided to re-design some bits in the Default Games Options dialog. I never liked the fact that if a user right-click on a game and select "Audit" menu option, to display the results the options window is called and displayed. So I decided to have it in a separate dialog and window procedure. After some (un)expected crashes due to the moving and removal of some portion of code, all is now done. So here we go with the new Single Game Audit window:
At this point, since it was a similar job, I thought it would be great to have also a Single Game Informations window:
this option is now available in the right-click context menu under the voice "Informations" just before the "Audit" voice. Both these options have now also a shortcut-key to be displayed, respectively ALT+I and ALT+A
As a nice side effect of these changes, we have now a much cleaner and expandible for the future "Default Games Options" dialog:
As you may see, there's now room for at least two other options sections and this is great, IMO.

Last one, the "fullscreen" option in the INTERFACE.INI, available to the user only editing the file manually, is gone away. The fullscreen switch is now only handled by the F11 key and it's not possible to run at startup the GUI in fullscreen mode. Maybe this could look unpopular but allowed me to again make the code cleaner and more understandable.

That's all.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17