MAMEUIFX

A full-of-features version of MAME designed for LCD monitors
It is currently 21/10/2018, 17:46

All times are UTC+02:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 517 Next
 Post subject: Re: FX development news
PostPosted: 03/04/2015, 20:31 

yeah.... nice.... windows95 preferred. maybe you can find some icon for "screen", like in the modern version. this is the only icon, i found better in the modern version. cool job anyways.... looks good.

PostPosted: 04/04/2015, 0:13 

Ah, the retro look :)

PostPosted: 04/04/2015, 7:11 
Admin
Admin

This is the final version, I think. At least until I'll change my mind again. Screen icon is now much better.

PostPosted: 04/04/2015, 12:34 

Incredible... you really found one :P yeah, looks perfect now.... i would keep them, just for dissing mameworld and the crap they talked about the old abandoned windows 98 code of all ui versions outthere... a nice reminder so to say :lol:

I still dont know what they meant by: "If the people keeping the UI builds limping along actually cared, they would have properly fixed the increasing number of bugs rather than continuing to duct-tape over things and disable other things...."

What kind of "other things" are disabled? I am not aware of things, that official builds have that UI versions dont have :roll: .

By the way, I compiled and start to test the new shader version yesterday... the shadowmask looks really good and doesnt need the power of a good graphicscard. A really good alternative to the opengl shader.

I have send you a even newer version, where the vertical masks will be obsolete :P

cheers, u-man

PostPosted: 04/04/2015, 13:05 

u-man wrote:
I still dont know what they meant by: "If the people keeping the UI builds limping along actually cared, they would have properly fixed the increasing number of bugs rather than continuing to duct-tape over things and disable other things...."

What kind of "other things" are disabled? I am not aware of things, that official builds have that UI versions dont have :roll: .

They are just jealous that our mame looks nice and theirs don't. Ignore them.

PostPosted: 04/04/2015, 16:09 

guess what... they deleted the whole thread :lol: i think they run out of arguments... yup, truth hurts.

PostPosted: 05/04/2015, 18:20 
Admin
Admin

u-man wrote:
Incredible... you really found one :P yeah, looks perfect now.... i would keep them, just for dissing mameworld and the crap they talked about the old abandoned windows 98 code of all ui versions outthere... a nice reminder so to say :lol:

By the way, I compiled and start to test the new shader version yesterday... the shadowmask looks really good and doesnt need the power of a good graphicscard. A really good alternative to the opengl shader.

I have send you a even newer version, where the vertical masks will be obsolete :P

I created the Screen icon by hand using the Display 16x16 icon and put it into an empty 32x32. Easy Icon Maker 5.0 is a good software. It's abandoned and dead from years but my cracked version still works.

About Jezze code and shaders, yes, I compiled today a test build without problems. I will include his awesome work in next 0.161. Keep me updated about his WIP.

PostPosted: 08/04/2015, 16:04 

Here is my comparison OpenGL vs. new HLSL:

OpenGL:

new HLSL:

You decide.... but I found the new HLSL very nice [:D]

PostPosted: 10/04/2015, 7:22 
VIP
VIP

The girl's hair color is different... one is greenish and the other is blueish. The new HLSL snap seems more colorful/brighter I think? Idk. I think I like the new HLSL better.

PostPosted: 10/04/2015, 12:18 

Oh, i can make it look like the OpenGL screen, but this are my personal taste settings for HLSL. Remember, HLSL has sliders for all parameters, OpenGL has not, it is like it is ;) .

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 517 Next