MAMEUIFX

A full-of-features version of MAME designed for LCD monitors
It is currently 23/04/2018, 9:29

All times are UTC+02:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 517 Next
 Post subject: FX development news
PostPosted: 22/10/2014, 13:15 
Admin
Admin

22/10/2014
Added icon to the toolbar to switch on the fly between "Grouped" (clones are indented under the parent) and "Normal" View.

The "Enable indentation on clones..." option in Interface Settings dialog has been removed.
Available from next release, which will be a SVN TEST probably the next week.

Post subject: Re: FX development news
PostPosted: 15/02/2015, 17:48 
Admin
Admin

Quite bored in these winter days, so I looked at HBMAME a little and found an interesting WARRIORS OF FATE hack. It adds 3 extra players (women) to be selected. It's of course based on original Japanese version, so all text displayed in game is japanese. But luckily service mode (F2 key) is still in english and so you can change some game settings easily.
Here's a snapshot:
It will be available in FX in the next release.

PostPosted: 23/02/2015, 9:25 
Admin
Admin

23/02/2015
An anticipation of what will be new in MAMEUIFX in the next 0.159 release which should be out in the next days:

- Enabled by default new video mode renderer OpenGL and make it available directly from Video Mode options in the Interface
- Implemented "widestretch" (Full Widescreen Stretch) feature for all video modes supported by MAME core which are:
    * GDI
    * DirectDraw
    * Direct3D
    * BGFX (not working at the moment)
    * OpenGL
(This new feature makes completely useless and discouraged the use of DirectDraw Hardware Stretch option)
- Fixed some cosmetic issues in the Interface

That's all for the moment.

NOTE: Due to a MAME core bug, using the new feature "syncrefresh" (Sync to monitor refresh) with GDI and OpenGL makes the game runs really faster, at least at 400% speed. This is because in these two video options MAME doesn't take care of the monitor refresh and so there's nothing to sync to. I'd like to report this to MAMEDevs but since syncrefresh is not an official feature, I don't think they will take care of this issue.

PostPosted: 23/02/2015, 12:26 
VIP
VIP

It always work like this on GDI even with official syncrefresh and disabled throttle it is probably by design
Quote:
GDI is relatively hard to use for advanced animation, and lacks a notion for synchronizing with individual video frames in the video card, lacks hardware rasterization for 3D, etc. Modern games usually use DirectX or OpenGL instead, which let programmers exploit the features of modern hardware.

OpenGL is new in MAME so it might be corrected to work with syncrefresh and/or waitvsync in the future.

PostPosted: 04/03/2015, 14:37 
Admin
Admin

04/03/2015
Added full support in the Interface for OpenGL options and features. At the moment only one shader is selectable and supported but there's space to improve in the future.

Created also a new directory \GLSL\ which will be the default folder, customizable in the "Directories" menu, for the GLSL shader files.

PostPosted: 11/03/2015, 12:15 
Admin
Admin

11/03/2015
Reworked a bit the Default game options panel, moving Vector section before the Sound one. Also added a new Snapshot/movie section and moved all related options there.

In addition, cleaned up a bit the graphic of the various section and related source code.

PostPosted: 15/03/2015, 11:35 
Admin
Admin

15/03/2015
This development news is dedicated to our user chanbara who asked for some features to be added in FX in the past and I was always quite unsure to add it or not. Though here we go:

- Added support for ProgettoSnaps SCORES snapshots pack. The old Extra tab has been renamed to Scores and to have it displayed in the GUI you simply must download from ProgettoSnap site the Scores pack, rename it to SCORES.ZIP and put it the new directory \SCORES\ that will be automatically created by 0.160 FX Installer. Though you can always do the step manually.

- Added option to select a different CHEAT FILE than the default one. Due to some coding issues, it's possible at the moment to select only ONE cheat file at a time. I don't know if I'll implement the possibility to select multiple cheat files from the GUI, you can always do it manually editing your MAME.INI. Though is a nice improvement, now for example you can put your CHEAT.7Z (or whatever is called in your setup) file everywhere on your HDD and use the dialog to select it. The file path will be stored in your MAME.INI. The dialog will display "Default" if the old behaviour CHEAT.7Z in root directory is used.

An huge changelog for 0.160... time to start to write the HTML page... :lol:

PostPosted: 16/03/2015, 13:36 

Big like, for the Open GL options... dont know what all the options means there, but overall good implementation :) .

PostPosted: 03/04/2015, 8:44 
Admin
Admin

Since it's working again, why not spend an hour in improve it? I love icons... :P

I'm also in the mood to modify/redraw some icons...

PostPosted: 03/04/2015, 20:22 
Admin
Admin

03/04/2015
OMG! Windows 98 icons better represents the meaning of our options! I cannot believe it! :lol:

Cool, isn't it?

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 517 Next