MAMEUIFX

A full-of-features version of MAME designed for LCD monitors
It is currently 25/04/2017, 2:43

All times are UTC+02:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Compiling FX
PostPosted: 29/07/2016, 3:30 

I downloaded MAME 0.176 source, then put FX 0.175 source on top.

Since I don't use msys64, I copied over my batch files from my normal MAME compile, then entered: make -k

When that eventually finished, I then did: make -j1 so I could work on each error, one at a time.

A big problem is that there's no obvious way to find what code was changed or why. Therefore I could either comment out a faulty line, or replace the whole file with the MAME equivalent, thus losing whatever FX feature had been there. So, all the changed stuff in the default UI was wiped out, plus whatever was in jailbrek.cpp

Fixing the winui issues was not a problem since I'd had the same problem in MAMEUI. Chihiro / Xbox was removed due to a huge number of linking errors, and that stuff doesn't work anyway.

And so on it went. Eventually it compiled and linked.

First attempt at running created folders and files. Trying to run something caused FX to close. So, I manually set up the paths and other settings, then tried again. This time puckman worked. Sorting by source code did something, but not what I wanted.

It seems I should have used the arcade subtarget, because I ended up with gambling games and stuff from MESS included.

Anyway, it worked which is the main thing.

Post subject: Re: Compiling FX
PostPosted: 29/07/2016, 9:53 
Admin
Admin

This weekend it will be last one I'll have access to my PC. Then I will be still online but from a laptop that requires 2 or more hours to compile MAMEUIFX arcade. I'll try to see if I'll be able to obtain a working MAMEUIFX 0.176 source code.

I have to say, feel free to try to continue my job. Or to port what do you find interesting to your MAMEUI. I have no objections even if I would prefer that at least the name is changed. WINUI.H is your friend for the build name and version. This place is going to be closed and you understand that I will not be able to continue to provide help. You will be on your own, really.

PostPosted: 29/07/2016, 10:14 

mamesick wrote:
I'll try to see if I'll be able to obtain a working MAMEUIFX 0.176 source code.

Thanks. At the moment while it is "working", I suspect a lot of unknown tweaks are not there any more.
Is there a chance you could highlight what you changed in the core/game files and why? Otherwise if it breaks I'm not going to know why you did what you did.

mamesick wrote:
I have to say, feel free to try to continue my job. Or to port what do you find interesting to your MAMEUI. I have no objections even if I would prefer that at least the name is changed. WINUI.H is your friend for the build name and version.

I have not decided if it will be continued by me. If I do, then the same conditions that apply to MAMEUI will apply here. That is:
- No new features
- No requests
- The extra games will be removed, since they are in HBMAME (I still want to know what your hacks do though)
- If something breaks it will be removed
(I don't have the time to dedicate to investigating faults)

Some parts look desirable to put into MAMEUI. It may be that some code gets transplanted. Nothing is decided yet.

mamesick wrote:
This place is going to be closed and you understand that I will not be able to continue to provide help. You will be on your own, really.

Yes I understand perfectly. If it doesn't proceed, or doesn't work out, then so be it. R.I.P.

PostPosted: 29/07/2016, 15:40 
Admin
Admin

A first look here could give you an idea of some drivers changes in my build:
http://mame32fx.altervista.org/features.htm

For the rest... I'll try to post a detailed list of ALL changes soon (hopefully)

About MAMEWorld, ass-kissers and foot-lickers should only stay silent forever and thank their God if all is finished in a calm way. They offended me personally, criticized my real-life job and the fact that I'm obliged to return to my mother's house (where else should I go, BIOS-D? Under a bridge?). Well, men, if you don't respect others real life job (and not what was an hobby made for fun that can be judged without problems) and the person who made me the man I am today, for better and for worse, you only deserve from me scorn. The man that should stay in a Therapic Recovery Center instead of coding for MAME, doesn't deserve anything more

PostPosted: 29/07/2016, 16:59 

mamesick wrote:
For the rest... I'll try to post a detailed list of ALL changes soon (hopefully)

Thanks I look forward to it ;)

PostPosted: 30/07/2016, 15:56 
Novice
Novice

If You eventually continue, please dont remove OpenGL shaders support. CRT GEOM HQ is pretty with it. BGFX is good, but not enough yet. Long life for FX :D

PostPosted: 30/07/2016, 19:50 
Admin
Admin

This is what seems to be a working 0.176 FX source. It compiled and it worked for 64-bit. No time to compile 32-bit too. It's recommended you use SUBTARGET=arcade though, I don't know if it will work with MESS stuff enabled.
Some further tests from you would be great.

I noticed today another std::string madness from MAMEDev, well, this will break my WINUI code a lot. Tons of standard C snprintf sentencies will have to be converted to C++ std::string usage.

I'm creating a TXT file with all the changes in details. It's a slow process, it will require time.

EDIT: ATTACHMENT REMOVED

PostPosted: 31/07/2016, 1:30 

Thanks, I'll give it a go and report back. 8-)

PostPosted: 31/07/2016, 10:20 

It compiled fine with the current MAME code as of a few hours ago (32 bit).

No changes needed to winui.

mamesick wrote:
I'm creating a TXT file with all the changes in details. It's a slow process, it will require time.

Well, even when this place closes later today, we know how to reach each other. I'd rather have a complete and accurate list, not something that's half-baked.

PostPosted: 31/07/2016, 14:56 
Novice
Novice

Nice!, any chance of an x64 version being complied??

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next