MAMEUIFX

A full-of-features version of MAME designed for LCD monitors
It is currently 25/07/2017, 14:47

All times are UTC+02:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Time to leave...
PostPosted: 25/07/2016, 20:02 
VIP
VIP

Yeah, if I play I choose mostly either some shumps or games that I played years ago. Those are in 99% emulated great.

Right now I stick with amiga after years of hiatus.

PostPosted: 25/07/2016, 23:26 
Novice
Novice

Yeah, I still go back .104 now and then. Donkey Kong is significantly different, and as fun as ever. Robotron may be in my favorite state in that build.

Squishes to you G!

PostPosted: 26/07/2016, 6:21 
Novice
Novice

What's funny is in the last 24 hours I found that x64 .159 is screwy with Pigout. The audio is faster and higher pitched than normal. x86 is fine.

PostPosted: 27/07/2016, 12:21 
Novice
Novice

I'm happy with "OpenGL CRT-Geom HQ" too, even happier than with BGFX (respect for implementing it to GUI) :P

I think we don't want to play because of lack of real competitors or to co-operate with (like friend, eventually wife).
Even playing old Boot Hill (with artwork enabled) with real person can make You happy :mrgreen:.

PostPosted: 27/07/2016, 14:19 
Novice
Novice

It's sad to see this project go. Thanks for the time Mr. Mamesick. Now that MAME 0.176 is out does anyone know if someone is planning to pick up the source code and continue the project or know of any similar alternatives MAME builds?

PostPosted: 27/07/2016, 18:19 
Admin
Admin

dax wrote:
I'm happy with "OpenGL CRT-Geom HQ" too, even happier than with BGFX (respect for implementing it to GUI) :P

OpenGL shaders ported to MAME and distributed with my build are far better in quality than their beloved and slow BGFX. It's a proven fact. Though they refused to improve OpenGL and make it the default Video Mode in MAME due to their obsession to be universally compatible, expecially with Smartphones and Tablets with Android installed, and BGFX is surely the best choice from their point of view.

I received some PMs at MAMEWorld. Don't worry guys who written to me friendly words. I have the same feelings for you. I didn't answered because I want to stay away from that place at all. I removed it from my bookmarks too.....

An alternative to MAMEUIFX? There isn't at the moment. If you're not afraid of leaving MAME at all, you can have a look at Final Burn Alpha. Google is your friend.

If you want to continue to use official MAME, do yourselves a favour and use it with a good GUI frontend like EmuLoader. It has a nice look and is user-friendly.

Last but not least there is obviously the MAMEUI build of our friend and moderator Robert... though you know that is not arcade-only.

PostPosted: 27/07/2016, 21:35 
Novice
Novice

The end of era. Thanks for all the hard work you've put into FX over the years, especially during the recent shitshow the MAME devs have unleashed with all their internal code changes and merging with MESS. It has been a pleasure using your custom build of MAME. I wish you all the best for the future, and hope you manage to find stable employment sooner, rather than later.

PostPosted: 28/07/2016, 9:07 
Novice
Novice

Maybe some day Robbbert continue MAMEUIFX or something similar. Who knows? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 04/08/2016, 16:15 
Admin
Admin

Ok, the day is arriving. This Saturday or Sunday all will be closed. Robert will receive soon a detailed list of all MAMEUIFX changes/fixes against official MAME. Then it will be up to him to continue (if he wishes) the project. I will be online sporadically, not every day, but I'll check surely his forum to see if there will be news and maybe I will try to provide my help if needed.

PostPosted: 04/08/2016, 21:54 
VIP
VIP

Can I ask for this list too?

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next