MAMEUIFX

A full-of-features version of MAME designed for LCD monitors
It is currently 26/03/2017, 1:31

All times are UTC+02:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Time to leave...
PostPosted: 18/07/2016, 0:49 
Novice
Novice

I have enjoyed your work for many years Giulio, so thank you for all you've done.

Good luck in the future.

PostPosted: 19/07/2016, 3:20 
Novice
Novice

If someone continue this project, no need for a new name. There's so many different MameUI already, a new name would just make everything more confusing to follow.
Good luck for the rest

PostPosted: 19/07/2016, 7:38 
Admin
Admin

The Bugs Reporting section is now closed. There's no reason to keep it still open because no new bugs (if found) will be fixed. The Emulator section will follow at the end of the month. The forum will stay online for historical reference and for download older versions, extra roms, etc.
It's quite sad that some aficionados users didn't posted a final "goodbye". Well, after all this was expected too.
Thanks to all wished me good luck for the future. Don't worry, I'll have it. :)

PostPosted: 19/07/2016, 8:08 
Fan
Fan

Giulio that you have many joys in your life, I wish you luck, a lot of health and peace. You are the best! I hope that you come back someday!

PostPosted: 21/07/2016, 13:25 
User
User

Yeah, I also hope you come back somebody once everything is back on track in your life! The emulation scene will be poorer for your absence.

PostPosted: 22/07/2016, 0:16 
VIP
VIP

I must say I hold my goodbye hoping that something good in Your life will change in meantime (and I hope it will be soon).

I also hope that someday after You settle with Your personal problems You will came back, for now I wish You all best in the future, take care.

PostPosted: 23/07/2016, 5:07 
Novice
Novice

been digitally away for a month... Sad news!

mamesick thanks for all your time, efforts and assistance since I first found your definitive MAME derivative 11 years ago.

I will miss MAMEUIFX [nee MAME32FX] greatly :sniff - it will be along time before I even consider using a newer MAME!

Hoping things turn around for you very fast

PostPosted: 23/07/2016, 19:20 
Admin
Admin

I don't think I'll return on the emulation "scene" even when I'll have fixed my real life problems. As I already said here MAME doesn't appeal me at all anymore. And for the games I usually still play, I could use an old version and it would be the same. So, sorry, but this is a real goodbye.

PostPosted: 24/07/2016, 12:21 
VIP
VIP

MameSick, yesterday I re-connected my arcade env. after 2 months of hiatus. Last time I clean up my room I didn't bothered to do this and I didn't miss arcade games actually.
So, I power up my arcade PC, play some games about half an hour and disabled it again :| Looks like I'm not so interested in old games as I was some time ago.

PostPosted: 25/07/2016, 19:48 
Admin
Admin

I still have fun with some NeoGeo and Capcom, expecially old classics like Tiger Road, Black Tiger, Ghosts'n'Goblins and so on. Some CAVE maniac shooters are still played and so are others. I have a favourites folder list of 498 games. But, as I said, they are "abandoned" drivers and play them with a version of five or six years old isn't so different... except for the OpenGL CRT-Geom shader that I use and love.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next