MAMEUIFX

A full-of-features version of MAME designed for LCD monitors
It is currently 31/10/2020, 19:18

All times are UTC+02:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: 09/07/2015, 16:13 
Admin
Admin

Robert wrote:
HBMAMEUI has been updated with the code to get rid of DIRECTORIES.ini

The setup of INI files is now critical, in order to avoid "bugs-that-aren't-bugs" appearing.

Read: http://www.1emulation.com/forums/topic/ ... ini-files/

Do some very careful testing, as I may have accidently included a new bug or 2. Also, there's lots of cleanup to be done yet. But at least you can try it out and look for bugs.

Also, the Samples column is changed. It used to say "Yes" if the game used samples (even if they were missing), and "No" otherwise. Now it says "-" if it doesn't use samples, "Yes" if it uses samples and they are there, and "No" if it uses samples but they are missing. There's no overhead because it gets the info from the cache.

oh, i don't know if you used "broadcast" for anything, but i'm killing it off.

I'll look at it in the next days. Yes, "broadcast" is useless IIRC. It's an option of the very early days and I never understood its real usage.

PostPosted: 12/07/2015, 6:13 

The changes are now applied to MAMEUI.

- Broadcast gone
- Random background gone
- Open mameinfo.dat, history.dat opens at the root which is where the files should be, instead of INP
- Open new background image opens where your current background is, instead of random
- Can specify multiple folders for your pictures (snaps, pcbs, titles, control panels, marquees, cabinets)
- Can specify multiple folders for artwork, cheats
- If you're using multiple artwork files, only the first one is used for effects
- DIRECTORIES.ini is gone; you must setup your ini's as in an earlier post
- GAMEINFO.ini is renamed to MAME_g.ini (this allows you to run MAMEUI and MESSUI in the same folder without interference).
- Saving of all settings should now work perfectly.

edit: fixed effects and a whole bunch of other dialogs too.

PostPosted: 12/07/2015, 15:38 
Admin
Admin

Robert wrote:
The changes are now applied to MAMEUI.
- DIRECTORIES.ini is gone; you must setup your ini's as in an earlier post
- GAMEINFO.ini is renamed to MAME_g.ini (this allows you to run MAMEUI and MESSUI in the same folder without interference).
- Saving of all settings should now work perfectly.

Very good, you're improving MAMEUI/MESSUI fastely. Though I have serious problems in locate the changes for the things quoted that are the only in which I'm interested. I removed the "broadcast" option yesterday, all your other changes I have to think of. Maybe I misunderstood your saving settings changes but are you going to remove support for HORIZONTAL and VERTICAL inis? If so, sorry to say that, but your fix is not portable here at all. Apart the fact that it would break a lot of things in my extra code different from MAMEUI, it's unacceptable from a gamer point of view.
Please explain and if you can attach a diff or something detailed about the DIRECTIORIES.INI removal, thank you in advance.

PostPosted: 12/07/2015, 16:48 

There's no support for ini\vertical.ini, ini\horizont.ini, or any of those other generic things, within the GUI. However MAME still takes notice of them, so they will still have the same effect as before. It just means that if the user wants to modify one of those inis, they must do it by hand.

I tried clicking on Horizontal and Vertical on the left, and they still work. So I don't think anything major has gone.

I added new filters which allow the user to turn mameui into arcade-only, or mess-only, or everything. 3 emulators in one! No use to you of course, since you're not supporting mess.

PostPosted: 12/07/2015, 18:52 
Admin
Admin

I see, you're on your own way. Cool. Though, after a serious look at your code, I get rid of DIRECTORIES.INI too without having to rewrite partially all the behaviour. A simple workaround is enough: stash a temporary save_opts, load current global MAME.INI, set the directories as we were used to do with SetDirectories(), save the new global MAME.INI. All is working perfectly even if at this point the usage of SetDirectories() in various places seems a little bit redundant. Time for investigate it further soon. Attached and copy and pasted a .diff file, obviously applied to my source but I'm sure you'll understand it easily, because you had to study the MUI_OPTS.C file with attention to make your changes, isn't it? :)
Code:
diff -Nru FXSRCOLD/src/osd/winui/mui_opts.c FXSRC/src/osd/winui/mui_opts.c
--- FXSRCOLD/src/osd/winui/mui_opts.c   2015-07-12 16:41:56.000000000 +0200
+++ FXSRC/src/osd/winui/mui_opts.c   2015-07-12 17:59:12.000000000 +0200
@@ -75,7 +75,6 @@

#define INTERFACE_INI_FILENAME                "interface"
 #define GAMELIST_INI_FILENAME                "gamelist"
-#define DIRECTORIES_INI_FILENAME            "directories"
 #define DEFAULT_INI_FILENAME                "mame"

#define MUIOPTION_VERSION                  "version"
@@ -2246,8 +2245,8 @@
    // parse INTERFACE.INI
    std::string intername = std::string(GetGuiDir()).append(PATH_SEPARATOR).append(INTERFACE_INI_FILENAME).append(".ini");
    LoadInterfaceFile(gui_opts, intername.c_str());
-   // parse DIRECTORIES.INI
-   std::string filename = std::string(GetGuiDir()).append(PATH_SEPARATOR).append(DIRECTORIES_INI_FILENAME).append(".ini");
+   // parse MAME.INI
+   std::string filename = std::string(GetIniDir()).append(PATH_SEPARATOR).append(DEFAULT_INI_FILENAME).append(".ini");
    LoadOptionsFile(core_opts, filename.c_str());
 }

@@ -2479,12 +2478,6 @@
    SaveInterfaceFile(gui_opts, filename.c_str());
 }

-void SaveDirectories(void)
-{
-   std::string filename = std::string(GetGuiDir()).append(PATH_SEPARATOR).append(DIRECTORIES_INI_FILENAME).append(".ini");
-   SaveOptionsFile(core_opts, filename.c_str());
-}
-
 void SaveGameList(void)
 {
    std::string filename = std::string(GetGuiDir()).append(PATH_SEPARATOR).append(GAMELIST_INI_FILENAME).append(".ini");
diff -Nru FXSRCOLD/src/osd/winui/mui_opts.h FXSRC/src/osd/winui/mui_opts.h
--- FXSRCOLD/src/osd/winui/mui_opts.h   2015-07-12 07:55:35.000000000 +0200
+++ FXSRC/src/osd/winui/mui_opts.h   2015-07-12 18:00:50.000000000 +0200
@@ -330,7 +330,6 @@
 void LoadFolderFlags(void);
 const char* GetFolderNameByID(UINT nID);
 void SaveInterface(void);
-void SaveDirectories(void);
 void SaveGameList(void);
 void ResetInterface(void);
 void ResetGameDefaults(void);
diff -Nru FXSRCOLD/src/osd/winui/winui.c FXSRC/src/osd/winui/winui.c
--- FXSRCOLD/src/osd/winui/winui.c   2015-07-12 11:14:10.000000000 +0200
+++ FXSRC/src/osd/winui/winui.c   2015-07-12 18:20:17.000000000 +0200
@@ -755,6 +755,7 @@
 static BOOL g_in_treeview_edit = FALSE;

static srcdriver_data_type *sorted_srcdrivers;
+static windows_options save_opts;

/***************************************************************************
     Global variables
@@ -1825,7 +1826,8 @@
    SetSavedFolderID(GetCurrentFolderID());

SaveInterface();
-   SaveDirectories();
+   LoadOptions(save_opts, OPTIONS_GLOBAL, GLOBAL_OPTIONS);
+   SaveOptions(OPTIONS_GLOBAL, save_opts, GLOBAL_OPTIONS);
    SaveGameList();

FreeFolders();
@@ -4034,9 +4036,6 @@

nResult = DialogBox(GetModuleHandle(NULL), MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDD_DIRECTORIES), hMain, DirectoriesDialogProc);

-         SaveInterface();
-         SaveDirectories();
-
          bUpdateRoms = ((nResult & DIRDLG_ROM) == DIRDLG_ROM) ? TRUE : FALSE;

/* update game list */

Attachments:
options_diff.7z [1.09 KiB]
Downloaded 357 times

PostPosted: 15/07/2015, 4:55 

It seems the 2 projects are slowly diverging, so the lack of portability is to be expected.

For example I have no interest in playing videos.

I'd still like to find out how you added the setup screen you and mameplus use, it looks interesting.

PostPosted: 15/07/2015, 13:45 
VIP
VIP

I look forward to sniffing out any new bugs that will arise from these nice changes implemented by both of you. I got a nose like a hound.

PostPosted: 15/07/2015, 21:18 
Admin
Admin

Chanbara wrote:
I look forward to sniffing out any new bugs that will arise from these nice changes implemented by both of you. I got a nose like a hound.

Due to the very large amount of changes, it's probably that a BETA TEST 32-bit version will be out for this weekend. Its announcement will be restricted to this Forum only so stay tuned.

PostPosted: 16/07/2015, 10:20 

uuuuhhh... yes :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 29/07/2015, 16:41 

First major change for 0.165 : Haze changed the name of the flags such as GAME_NOT_WORKING to MACHINE_NOT_WORKING, which means a lot of changes to winui.

I suppose we can get around it by declaring the flags locally, then they won't get broken by this sort of thing.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next